Posted: February 4, 2021
Description: Signature Bank of Arkansas is seeking an experienced loan officer for its Fayetteville location. This position will be responsible for the growth of a loan portfolio with strong asset quality by using sound underwriting practices and conforming to bank policy and regulatory guidelines. This position will also be expected to help mentor junior lenders by assisting with client calls and building those new relationships. This position will maintain a presence in the community through volunteer activities while actively promoting all bank products and services to fulfill customers’ banking needs.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to provide the finest customer service at all times and in all forms of verbal and written communication.
- Maintain and grow a large loan portfolio and customer base by adding new clients and maintaining a strong pipeline of new business with strong asset quality.
- In depth knowledge of the bank’s loan policy.
- Make timely and sound loan decision; keep charge-offs at a minimum level.
- Work closely with Loan Coordinator and the lending team.
- Assist other lenders in portfolio management with technical exceptions, past dues, renewals, loan yields, and working pricing model.
- Work past dues, understand and clear technical exceptions, and work renewals in a timely manner.
- Be an active and engaged member of the Executive Loan Committee; demonstrate understanding of the individual loans presented and how they fit into the bank’s larger portfolio management on yield and loan type.
- Make regularly scheduled calls to clients outside of the bank; analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to grow the loan portfolio and deposit base.
- Understand involvement in the community and being to produce business and recognition through good community work.
- Recognize cross-sell opportunities outside of own product specialty and refer to correct Banker to fulfill all of customer’s banking needs.
- Perform all other tasks requested as they relate to the Bank and its functions.
Signature Bank is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Team member recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, on-the-job treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment are administered in accordance with this commitment.
For more information and/or to apply please visit our career site at www.signature.bank/careers.